Re: Hardening flags missing despite using dh?

On 2014-08-15 16:11 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> I maintain linuxinfo and now I get an "issue"[1] that the hardening
> flags appear to be missing.
>
> In the build logs I see some, and I expected my debian/rules to pick
> everything up (since I use dh):
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
>
> %:
>         dh $@  --with autotools_dev
>
> I'm a bit lost now. Where could I look for the error? The man page
> of dh is silent about dh_buildflags.

There is no dh_buildflags, only dpkg-buildflags.  If you use debhelper
compatibility level 9 or above, dh will export the compiler flags set by
dpkg-buildflags.

The warning seems to be red herring, maybe the tool scanning the build
logs needs to be adapted for dpkg-dev 1.17.11 which changed the default
CFLAGS, replacing -fstack-protector with -fstack-protector-strong.

Running blhc on a local build log shows no issues here, so I don't think
you need to do anything. :-)

Cheers,
       Sven