Re: Build-depending on non-free package

[Out of curiosity, is there a reason your name in the From field is written in a mixture of Latin and Cyrillic scripts?]

* Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr <debian-devel@liska.ath.cx>, 2014-08-15, 10:15:
I've uploaded a package to contrib [1], that needs a non-free package (pgplot5) as build dependency. While it builds nicely on my local pbuilder (after adding non-free), it fails to build on the buildds [2].

This is bug #690282.

Since in debian-devel has an ongoing discussion about source-only uploads: how will these cases handled then?

In the worst case, your sponsor(s) will have to upload source and binary packages separately. Binary-only uploads are not going away.

--
Jakub Wilk