Re: Where to pick latest bootstrap.js java script library from

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to replace a minified bootstrap.min.js (from python-mne package)
> saying:
[...]
> which sounds more recent and potentially better fitting than
> libjs-twitter-bootstrap.  However, simply depending from a random
> package which in the future might or might not ship the said JS
> library does not sound reasonable to me.
>
> Any hint how to solve this?

As with jquery, you really just have 2 options:

- Don't ship embedded copies of bootstrap in your package (and strip
it out of the source tarball as well), potentially breaking stuff in
your package.
- Ship an embedded copy of bootstrap + corresponding unminified
version in your package.

A better long-term solution (credit goes to paultag for suggesting it
first) would be for someone to create a monster js-common package
containing every single released version of popular JS libs such as
jquery and bootstrap, so that we don't have hundreds of copies of
jquery, bootstrap, et al. littering the archive...

Regards,
Vincent