Re: Sourceless file bug fix

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Blair Hester wrote:

> With the next upload of rabbitmq-server I hope to be the new maintainer.

Thanks for your contributions :)

> I am attempting to fix this RC bug concerning sourceless files [1] and
> have a suspicion, after reading threads such as this [2], that the
> solution most attractive from the build process perspective may not be
> acceptable to Debian.

The right solution is for upstream to no longer embed copies of
third-party pre-compiled code in their source package. For the code
that is available in Debian already (jQuery, excanvas), the package
should depend on it. For the code that is not available in Debian
(sammy), you should create a new package containing that code and
depend on that.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

> The solution in question is to add the non-minimized "source" JavaScript
> to the upstream source distribution, in addition to the minimized form.

That would be an acceptable workaround in the case that upstream
refuses my suggestion or you want to quickly fix the bug while working
on a proper fix.

--
bye,
pabs