Re: Separate gpg signing from package building

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM, The Wanderer wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I understood the question as being not how to
> build without signing, but how to sign after building, without having to
> rebuild. I.e., always build without signing, then sign as a separate
> step once a build has proved satisfactory.

Appears I was wrong about maint-guide mentioning debsign, but it
mentions how to build without signing:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/build.en.html#completebuild

> I don't remember reading an explanation of how to do this in the New
> Maintainers' Guide or similar documentation, and I don't see an obvious
> way in the man pages I know to check first off. Is it possible?

As I said in my previous mail:

The dpkg-buildpackage manual page documents that you should pass -us
to not sign the dsc and -uc to not sign the changes file. The debuild
manual page documents that the contents of the
DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS config option are passed to
dpkg-buildpackage.

In addition the debuild manual page mentions debsign, which can be
used to sign or re-sign .dsc/.changes files.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise