Re: Separate gpg signing from package building

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM, T o n g wrote:

> Is it possible to separate gpg signing from package building?

Yes and it is planned to make that the default:

https://bugs.debian.org/733029

> Now I'm thinking, wouldn't it be nice I always build the package without
> gpg signing, and when finally I tested everything working fine, I sign
> it. Would it be possible? Detailed steps (instead of a mere yes)
> appreciated.

The dpkg-buildpackage manual page documents that you should pass -us
to not sign the dsc and -uc to not sign the changes file. The debuild
manual page documents that the contents of the
DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS config option are passed to
dpkg-buildpackage. So you just need to put this line in ~/.devscripts
and use debuild instead of dpkg-buildpackage:

export DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-us -uc"

IIRC the maint-guide mentions this stuff, have you read it?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise