dh: default cmake options overridden

Hi all,

if I understand correctly from [1], the default CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE used
by dh should be RelWithDebInfo. I found that, when
override_dh_auto_configure is not empty in debian/rules, e.g,

override_dh_auto_configure:
  dh_auto_configure -- \
  -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=ON
  -DENABLE_TESTS:BOOL=OFF

the build type setting is discarded as well. Manually adding

  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RelWithDebInfo

helps of course.

Is that something that is expected and intended? Are there other
default flags that need to be added, or is there a way to add CMake
variables without disturbing unrelated default settings?

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=701233