video card for packager who must sometimes run unstable?

This may be the wrong list, but I am not sure what the right list is.

When I package, I like to run unstable to see if the packages work.

This is becomming difficult because my video interface built
into the mother board, is becomming poorly supported, although it
used to work well in debian 6.

I have nvidia c61  GeForce 6150SE nforce 430.

It is very difficult to use. Old windows do not get erased properly.
I filed a bug, but I am tired of waiting.

It is unusable under debian 7, and unstable has the bug with
not erasing windows.

I noticed I have an unused PCI Express 16 slot.

I thought I could get an inexpensive video card for that slot
to work around the problem.

I don't need fancy game graphics and I do not want an unfree
driver.

But what card to get? The usual Linux compatiblity lists do
not say how well a card works under unstable.

But many of the people on this list, probably also have to
use unstable.

So I ask what is a inexpensive video card for a PCI express 16
slot, that works well under unstable with free drivers?

Thank You.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J