Re: wxsqlite3 is replaced? how do I find the new functionality?

On Fri, 30 May 2014, Paul Elliott wrote:

I have just been notified that my project is being removed from debian testing
because of the resolution of bug 741730:

Apparently wxsqlite3 is being replaced by functionality in wxwidgets3.0.

The problem is I can not find the new functionality!

my project includes the file:
#include "wx/wxsqlite3.h"

and links to

-lwxsqlite3-2.8 -lsqlite3

But debian package search can not find a file named wxsqlite3.h
anywhere in unstable except for libwxsqlite3-2.8-dev
which is what they are trying to get rid of.

How do I find the new functionality, how do I find its
include files and how do I link to it?

In my opinion they should not be removing old functionality
without saying exactly where the new functionality is in the same
message!

You're right. I'm cc'ing Olly and Lazlo and hopefully they can help you. The bug report that the new version should be backwards compatible but if this is not the case we need to make sure the old package doesn't get removed. (Or that Maitreya can be updated.)

Btw, you may have noticed that Maitreya isn't updated for stable yet. That is all my fault but I hope to get it done soon.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>