Re: Unlicensed files

El Dimarts, 27 de maig de 2014, a les 19:37:52, Tobias Frost va escriure:
[...]
> > I have bug [1] and therefore I asked to upstream about this files. Hi
> > kindly reported me the licenses, but I have some files (for instance
> > javascripts gen_validatorv31.js) that I have not found any information
> > about the license.
> Actually you can find it by just following the URL given in the
> gen_validatorv31.js file itself. (Granted, this link points to the right
> homepage, but to a newer version of the file. However with the help of
> archive.org you can find the version "31" and actually the license terms
> did not change since then:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20081230025946/http://www.javascript-coder.com/h
> tml-form/javascript-form-validation.phtml
> https://web.archive.org/web/20081230025946/http://www.javascript-coder.com/
> html-form/javascript_form.zip
>
> Unfortunatly neigther the license in the file nor the EULA* file in the
> zip file grants you explictily the rights for distribution. So I fear
> you cannot.
> (Additionally -- but this does not really matter without the right for
> distribution -- the file is not dfsg-free, as e.g commercial use is
> prohibited)

I must repack sources...

> > Also, in the test directory, not in any deb file, I have two shell script
> > with no license in the header, and I have just a sentence in a private
> > mail from upstream.
>
> What does that sentence tell? Was this the "not licensesd" answer you
> referred to earlier?

Sorry for not be clear, in a second mail I understood it: they are covered
under the same license that the rest.

> (Well IMHO as the main directory has a LICENSE file telling of a
> 3-clause-BSD license for the whole thing, I would expect that this shell
> scripts are covered by this licenses without explicitly having a header
> in it. Of course having a license header is always clearer/preferred,
> but at least its a base IMHO you can safely assume that licensing is ok)

Yes, ...

So, then, as I have the package in a git [1], I understand that just unpack
the original sources, delete the conflictive files, repack it with dfsg sufix and
add with import-orig, no?

thanks in advance,

Leopold

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/ompl.git

Linux User 152692     PGP: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia