Re: Library packaging and missing .a file

On 2014-04-25 07:58, Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
>> On 24.04.14 10:23:23, Christian Kastner wrote:
> I have got another problem. Libstrophe only provides .a file, no .so,
> so basically it should provide only a -dev package. Is it ok to
> package only -dev, or is it agains policies?

Not that I'm aware of, but I very much question the usefulness of having
only a -dev package within the Debian archive.

If I were you, I'd simply patch upstream's build configuration to build
a shared library as well (and then forward the patch). Your upstream is
using autotools, so that should be trivial.

Christian