Re: Access to mips64el system wanted to fix a bug in the capnproto package

Hi Tom,

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:29:48 -0700, Tom Lee <debian@tomlee.co> wrote:
> Does the Debian project have hardware/VMs set aside to help
> packagers/upstream maintainers diagnose this sort of thing? I don't think
> it's appropriate for me to simply skip the test on the packaging side
> because the test is indicating pretty clearly things may not work as
> expected on the affected architecture.

Generally speaking, yes, for official Debian architectures; see
https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi for the available machines (look for
"public" in the right-hand column) and
https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/ for the procedure to gain access.

This won't help with mips64el, but you could just ask your bug reporter ;-).
See the thread starting at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/10/msg00704.html for details of
the mips64el machine which is available via YunQiang Su.

For this kind of problem another possibility is the GNU Compile Farm, which
also includes a mips64el system; see http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm for
details.

Regards,

Stephen