Access to mips64el system wanted to fix a bug in the capnproto package

I'm looking at bug 743402 which involves an upstream bug on mips64el arch for the capnproto source package causing tests to fail:

Upstream has a good theory on what's going down (MIPS does things differently to most architectures with the quiet/signalled flag on NaN values) and is eager to fix the bug, but doesn't have access to the appropriate hardware to work on a fix.

Does the Debian project have hardware/VMs set aside to help packagers/upstream maintainers diagnose this sort of thing? I don't think it's appropriate for me to simply skip the test on the packaging side because the test is indicating pretty clearly things may not work as expected on the affected architecture.

Thought I'd check here before bothering debian-mips{,el} in case there's a well-known way to tackle this sort of thing -- happy to ask there if it's more appropriate.

Thanks!
Tom

--
Tom Lee http://tomlee.co / @tglee