Re: netcdf packages

On Thursday 27 March 2014 22:21:55 Nico Schlömer wrote:
> The question remains on how we can move this forward in a sensible
> way. One possibility is to split the existing netcdf package into
> three separate ones netcdf-c, netcdf-fortran, netcdf-cxx, to reflect
> the upstream structure.
>
> What is your opinion on this?

Matching upstream structure makes sense. But you will have to consider the
impact on the packages that depend on netcdf-bin:

$ apt-cache rdepends netcdf-bin
netcdf-bin
Reverse Depends:
  netcdf-bin:i386
  v-sim-plugins
  libnetcdf-dev
  minc-tools
  science-nanoscale-physics
  science-meteorology-dev
  science-dataacquisition
  gis-workstation
  gis-remotesensing

The question is: how to avoid breaking the above package when upgrading netcdf
to netcdf-c, netcdf-fortran, netcdf-cxx ?

Hope this helps

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org