Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:50:07AM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Thibaut Paumard [2014-03-10 10:59 +0100]:
> > Actually one way to go would be to upload the package without making the
> > split, downloading all the binaries, and comparing the files. This is
> > easier than manually building on porterboxes and covers all the
> > architectures on which the package compiles.
>
> This service exists to help you find such issues: http://dedup.debian.net/
>
> So far as I know it only works on things already uploaded to the
> archive, so you can't use it to check things are correct before the
> first upload. But I could be wrong - check the wiki.

While the software backing that site certainly can help with the task at
hand, the site currently does not, because it only imports a single
architecture. For using dedup with multiple architectures, there is a
"multiarch" branch, but that still doesn't relieve you from actually
building all the packages.

Helmut