Re: Lintian error for package with Apache2 module

Atle Solbakken <atle@goliathdns.no> writes:

> I'm getting the Lintian error
> apache2-module-does-not-depend-on-apache2-api
> <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/apache2-module-does-not-depend-on-apache2-api.html>
> on my package http://mentors.debian.net/package/pstar .

> I apparently have to make the package depend on a virtual package called
> apache2-api-* provided by apache2.2-bin (i think). I have been looking
> in other packages to find out how to do this, but with no luck. I've got
> apache2.2-bin version 2.2.22-13 installed on the system I build on.

Look at, for example, the webauth source package in unstable or testing.

> I have found this virtual package in other distros, but I can't find it
> in wheezy.

Yes, you won't be able to find this in wheezy since it's part of the
changes for Apache 2.4 support.  You need to look at packages in unstable
or testing.  wheezy was still Apache 2.2, and the Apache packaging for
wheezy is substantially different than Apache packaging for jessie and
newer releases.