Re: script-with-language-extension

Le Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 03:19:51PM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> On 03/10/2014 04:49 AM, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> > Not sure if fixing it by renaming the files is what you want to do.
> >
> > I have such a warning in xinetd and honestly I just ignore it because I don't
> > think that renaming scripts after they have been there for many years is a
> > good idea. Besides that's the upstream name so that's how they will be
> > probably called in other distributions too I guess.
>
> The Debian policy manual don't agree with you, AFAIR.

Hi Thomas,

This is very unfortunate.  I have ashamed myself sending scripts to colleagues
that did not work on their platform, just because I developed them on Debian,
which "corrects" file names unilaterally.  I would prefer my colleagues to know
Debian for being rock solid and secure, rather than know it for being
incompatible by design with the rest of the Unix world.

Cheers,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy