Re: path of config-files & logs - special case - package sbnc

On Wednesday 05 March 2014 20:42:29 Stefan Bauer wrote:
> The old patches are changing the path for log files and configuration-files
> hardcoded to /var/log and /etc.

Which is correct if sbnc is run as a daemon (may be as root).

> As this binary can run individually by
> different users, there should not be a hardcoded path.

In this case, I'd recommend to put sbnc configuration file in the user's home
directory. May be in ~/.sbnc.conf.

This configuration file should have an entry to let user decide if and where
to send the logs (could be no log, send to syslog, or specify a log file).

Hope this helps

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org