Using stable as a Debian Package Maintainer

hi,

what is the consensus about using stable (s/testing/jessie/g in
sources.list) for maintaining Debian packages (in conjunction with a sid
VM or a chroot to make sure it always builds)?

The problem with testing is that I spend >2-3 hours a week backing up
data, apt-get dist-upgrade and making sure things work (the last update
caused an xserver-xorg-video-intel issue). Futhermore, this machine
shouldn't break, since I only have one work/development machine.

My packages seem to allow that - I'd only need to backport a few libs.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter