Re: Is there a way to preserve pbuilder chroot environment?

On Feb 28, 2014 10:52 AM, "Mikhail Morfikov" <mmorfikov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to building packages by using pbuilder tool, and I have to build
> a package multiple times before it builds successfully, or in the way
> I prefer. The most annoying part ot this is installation of
> dependencies -- each time I build a package, it has to install
> the same dependencies over and over.

You shouldn't try to preserve the environment, every time you build stuff you should have a clean installation.

I "developed" a set of scripts to easy have and manage multiple chroots and speed up building.

See https://gitlab.com/mapreri/settings/blob/master/pbuilder/scripts/pbuilder-common (rename the file like pbuilder-sid-amd64 (or symlink,as you prefer) that works in combo with this .pbuilderrc ( https://gitlab.com/mapreri/settings/blob/master/pbuilderrc) install on the host ccache and eatmydata, all the stuff will live in ~/pbuilder.

Maybe you can catch some hints on how to resolve your issue

(That repo is there to let me deploy a new system and keep track of some settings of some tools I use.)