Re: How to deal with reviews in mentors.debian.net and repositories for new packaging work

On 02/26/2014 11:23 AM, Daniel Lintott wrote:
<snip>
>> I have also read on the list that some mentors like to have a link to a
>> VCS to review the pacaking work. Is it possibile to host the packaging
>> work on alioth when you're not a Debian Developper ?
>
>> I know for instance NetBSD has an extra CVS repo called pkgsrc-wip
>> where
>> all newbies can out their stuff before it's added to the real thing.
>> If not I can use github/gitorious.
>

> I believe you could use collab-maint but I have no experience with it myself.
>
> As you say alternatively use github or similar, I have done that for 3 of my packages.
>
> Using git will also allow you to use git-buildpackage. Details are in the wiki... But I don't have the link to hand.

It is a good idea to use collab-maint as all Debian Developers have
access by default and can easily step in to help out when required, and
you can agree with others to co-maintain the package with you in case
you get busy etc.

You can read about collab-maint here:
https://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance

You will need your sponsor to write an email to allow the Alioth team to
approve your request to set up the repository. Details on the process
are here:
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject

Regards,

Ross