Re: RFS: read-edid/3.0.1-2

On 2014-02-14 13:52 +0100, Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:

> After some inquiry, I can see that it can build only on amd64, i386,
> kfreebsd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64 and hud-i386, because the lib it depends on
> (libx86) is only present there. On other architectures I could build only
> one of the binaries -- parse-edid, because it does not depend on anything
> else.

I meant that you could build read-edid on other Linux architectures as
well (with I2C only).

> So my new idea is:
>
> on amd64, i386 I build both binaries CLASSIC and I2C

Probably on x32 as well, although this failed with 3.0.1-1 for some
unknown reason (there is no build log :-().

> on kfreebsd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64 and hurd-i386 I build both binaries CLASSIC

So, as a summary you want to build CLASSIC if DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU is amd64
or i386.

> on the rest I build only parse-edid (only get-edid uses build options).

I'd say you should try to build read-edid with I2C if
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux.

Cheers,
       Sven