Re: Please help me fix these build problems

On 01/04/2014 05:04 PM, T o n g wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:34:10 -0500, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
>
>>> W: zh-autoconvert: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/autogb
>>
>> To fix this one, you need to add $CPPFLAGS and $LDFLAGS to your linker
>> command line in your Makefile.
>
> And add the following at the top of the Makefile as well:
>
> # use "dpkg-buildflags"
> DPKG_EXPORT_BUILDFLAGS = 1
> include /usr/share/dpkg/buildflags.mk

I believe, if you are using debhelper compatibility level 9 or later, you do not have to do any more fancy than adding
the (de facto standard) CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to your compile and LDFLAGS to your link commands in your Makefile.
Debhelper will automatically do the right thing to export the flags into your build environment.

The instructions available on the web are for older versions of the build infrastructure.  The debhelper(7) manual page
does mention  dpkg-buildflags flags are passed through at compat level 9, but it isn't necessarily obvious what that
means unless you have intimate knowledge of the build tool internals.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>