Re: Multiarch and architecture specific headers

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Thomas Moulard <thomas.moulard@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> A package I maintain contains a configuration header (vpConfig.h) which
>> differ depending on the architecture we are (here the dependencies are
>> not the same on i386 and powerpc).
>
>> So far, the only solution I can think of is moving this header into
>> /usr/include/<triplet>
>> and patching the .pc file accordingly.
>
> There should be no need to modify the *.pc file.  (Indeed, I think that
> would be incorrect.)  /usr/include/<triplet> is part of the default search
> path for the compiler for exactly this purpose.

Hum I see. However, the headers are located into include/visp/* and
not include/*
so still I think patching the .pc containing already
-I/usr/include/visp to append
-I/usr/include/`dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH` is necessary...

>> I saw that some packages are already putting headers in this directory
>> but I never heard of this strategy on the Debian wiki.
>
> That's mostly because multiarch for -dev packages isn't really
> well-documented yet.  But I believe this is the right approach.

Ok, then I will go with this. Thank you for your help and the links
toward the doc,
--
Thomas Moulard