Re: Multiarch and architecture specific headers

Thomas Moulard <thomas.moulard@gmail.com> writes:

> A package I maintain contains a configuration header (vpConfig.h) which
> differ depending on the architecture we are (here the dependencies are
> not the same on i386 and powerpc).

> So far, the only solution I can think of is moving this header into
> /usr/include/<triplet>
> and patching the .pc file accordingly.

There should be no need to modify the *.pc file.  (Indeed, I think that
would be incorrect.)  /usr/include/<triplet> is part of the default search
path for the compiler for exactly this purpose.

> I saw that some packages are already putting headers in this directory
> but I never heard of this strategy on the Debian wiki.

That's mostly because multiarch for -dev packages isn't really
well-documented yet.  But I believe this is the right approach.