Re: Source tarball contains many sources: should I repack it ?

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 12:01:24PM +0200, Franck Routier (perso) wrote:
> I have filled an ITP bug againt wnpp to propose packaging for base91
> utility (Bug #706078).
>
> My question is about the source package: upstream tarball contains
> source for several languages (C, awk, java, PHP, DOS assembler). The
> binary package will be built from C only.
> Should I just get the tarball as is for my source package, or should
> I do some cleanup and remove unwanted/unused implementations ?
You need to repack the tarball if it contains non-free files, files
without sources, etc. You may want to repack it if unnecessary files take
too much space. You may also want to repack it if that will simplify the
build process. Otherwise it is not necessary.

--
WBR, wRAR