arch-dependent files in "Multi-Arch: same" package

Hi,

for some of my newly uploaded packages, I got a bug report
'arch-dependent files in "Multi-Arch: same" package' [1]. The files in
question are in /usr/share/doc/<package>.

However, these differences do not come from differences in the
architecture but from different build environments. Specifically, these
are sphinx generated files, where sphinx puts its own version number
into the HTML footer. Since it took some time for the package to enter
Debian, the prebuild (uploaded) amd64 version differs slightly from the
i386 version build by buildd.debian.org.

My question here is now how strict it is to have identical files in
/usr/share/doc even when build in a different environment (basically,
both versions are fine here). And, if it is important, how I can ensure
that these files are identical when the build tools change (causing
minimal changes in the output).

How should I proceed here?

Best regards

Ole