Re: Maintaining Perl module turned packages

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 20:47:36 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> dh-make-perl is good to turn a CPAN module into Debian package.

Right :)

> However, it is still not clear to me how to maintain such built source
> packages. Having fine-tuned all the control files under debian/ folder,
> how can I make the changes to the new upstream release?

Like for any other package?
uscan, wget, ...
uupdate, svn-upgrade, git-import-orig, ...

> My upstream don't have git, so I can only download the new release from
> CPAN. I.e., the pristine-tar is not applicable.

Don't tell this to the 2700 packages we have in the pkg-perl group
which all use pristine-tar :)

git-import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar
(or nowadays: gbp import-orig ...)
should work if you have a working debian/watch file (which you
probably have since you mentioned dh-make-perl and CPAN).

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: The Doors: The End