Re: Upstream tarballs with varying line endings

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Felix Natter wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately libjgoodies-forms-java 1.6 renames some classes so you
>> can't have a source code/patch that works with both 1.4 and 1.6...
>
> Is there really no way to do #ifdef in Java?

No, unless you're doing code generation.

> I wonder if you could have two implementations and have ant choose
> which one based on the available libjgoodies-forms-java. Or have one
> implementation with the class names undefined and have ant fill those
> in at build time.

Only as a last resort, since several source files are affected.

> Good luck with line ending issue.

Thanks, it should be easy (unless we rely on the permissions of the
original source tarball that is to be repacked, but that is unlikely
since it's built on Windows).

Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter