Re: No relro when building from inside a Git package ?

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I further observed that it only happens if the dir is named .git.  I
> tried
>
> mv .git .tig
> cat > debian/source/include-binaries <<EOT
> .tig/index
> .tig/objects/pack/pack-0c4620137efe646d9d99b9b2b09b861e364bc678.idx
> .tig/objects/pack/pack-0c4620137efe646d9d99b9b2b09b861e364bc678.pack
> EOT
>
> debuild
>
> and the problem vanishes (the lintian warning vanishes and the file size
> is larger again == same as when using pdebuild).
>
> So lacking better advise I can only say:
>
>   - just use pbuilder (simply closing the eyes for the issue)
>   - <evil grin>use svn instead of git</evil grin>
>
> Now its time for you Git experts to solve this riddle.  I'm out.

Maybe something is doing "git clean -f -x" or worse, "git reset --hard" just
before the build run, and clobbering important build tooling configured
early in the build prepare process?  This would account for the changed
behaviour when ".git" is present and valid...

If this is an idiotic "automatically clean using git" misfeature somewhere,
it might not show up in a regular build log because git output is being
supressed.

strace should show the culprit easily...

  Henrique Holschuh