Re: New upstream source tarball introduces a new shared library

Cool -- I'll roll kj back into the libcapnp package & push this out to mentors.debian.net.

Can I assume you're interested in sponsoring capnproto_0.3.0-1 Vincent, or should I open an RFS?

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Tom

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
 ❦ 13 novembre 2013 09:04 CET, Tom Lee <debian@tomlee.co> :

> Yes it is -- all the libraries built by the source package have the same
> version numbers.
>
> It wasn't too much trouble to split out libkj, so I did that. I can either
> leave it that way or fold it back into the libcapnp binary package. Any
> strong feelings either way with this?

By not installing libkj in a separate package, you avoid one binary
package which translates to saving space and memory all around the
world. This is somewhat similar to what happens with GTK: libgtk-3-0
contains both libgtk-3 and libgdk-3.
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Multi-volume CD somehow got mounted.\n");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c

--
Tom Lee http://tomlee.co / @tglee