Re: possible-gpl-code-linked-with-openssl

On 10/16/2013 10:21 AM, Dominik George wrote:

Richi Lists <ricul77@gmail.com> schrieb:

Or can I add the excpetion myself, assuming since the author chose
to link agains openssl, he is ok with it?

Definitely not. Upstream did not link against it - you do that.

The upstream README on GitHub states that "At present, vanitygen can be
built on Linux, and requires the openssl and pcre libraries."

The INSTALL file lists OpenSSL 1.0.0d as a prerequisite.

Some of the includes in the source files explicitly and unconditionally
reference headers under the openssl/ hierarchy.

I can see where this might not be enough to allow adding the license
exception without an explicit statement from upstream, but at least to
my eye, it does seem to contradict the notion that "upstream did not
link against [OpenSSL]".

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger