Re: permission to write to /usr/local/share/packagename

On 4 October 2013 17:12, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:

>> What I'm not getting is that I have no write permissions to this
>> directory where the data will be.
> Apps that run with user rights usually store their data in that user's
> home directory. Do you really need to write the data into the global
> location? What kind of data is it?
>
> --
> WBR, wRAR

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your attention. It's a game score (top 10 players).

I thought saving under $HOME, but then others players would see only
their own name.

Any suggestion?

Hi Hermann,

While tmp is a good idea for some other things I have here, in the
case of scores it would be better if the file is protected from
accidental deletion.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)