Re: How to package my development utility?

Hi, you should do 2 debian package .deb: one for library and one for
application. Before you should test on a testing version of debian,
maybe on a virtual machine with clean installation, then you create
the library package and then you install it by "dpkg -i lib.deb".
then you create .deb the main program.

If your program works fine by manual installation (configure-make-make
install) on debian, then only in this moment can you begin the debian
packaging.

It's NOT so easy create debian package, however before I tell you to
study this pdf of Lucas Nausbaum:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/packaging-tutorial/packaging-tutorial.en.pdf

Install all pre-requierd programs for packaging in pag. 6-7 of this
nice offical guide:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/maint-guide.en.pdf

Tell us about your progresses. bye.

Carlo.