How to package my development utility?

Dear Mentors,

I have written a small development utility:
https://bitbucket.org/StarFire/lrc/overview

It consists of
1) a binary, called 'lrc', which packs a list of files into one file
2) a small library, called liblrc, which can be used in the application to unpack these files and access their data

If you want to compile an application that uses liblrc, you also need a few small header files.

Now, how do I package this utility for Debian? I think I have to split it up, but how? One package for the binary and one for the library? Where do I put the header files? Are there any packages that I can use as an example (One application, more packages)?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
--

Andreas Tscharner   andy@vis.ethz.ch   ICQ-No. 14356454