Re: Packaging for multiarch i386 sse2/non-sse2

On 2013-08-19 11:31 +0200, Fabien Givors (Debian) wrote:

> I had a look to eglibc source package. I can tell some dark magic is at
> work in this package. But as I need only a small fragment of it, I'll
> probably be able to extract it.

It would probably be easier to look at a simpler package such as speex
(the only package on my system that ships libraries with sse2 support on
i386).  The eglibc source package is rather hard to understand.

> The result would be a "lib" package on all architectures, with sse2
> enabled only on amd64 arch, and a "lib-sse2" package, recommended by
> "lib", only present on "i386" arch.

Unless your library is very big I don't think it's worth to create an
extra binary package, just include the sse2 enabled library in the "lib"
package.

Cheers,
       Sven