Packaging for multiarch i386 sse2/non-sse2

Dear mentors,

I'm trying to package a toolkit library for developing video games [1] [2].

As this can be expected, this library rely on sse2 instruction set.
However, most of the features (except for software video rendering) are
available (sometimes in a degraded mode, eg. the sound part might be
slower) for non-sse2-capable hardware.

Should I preferably:

A - build a "lib-without-sse2" package on all but amd64 architectures
and a "lib-with-sse2" package on i386 and amd64 architectures ?

B - build a "lib" package on all architectures which will be build with
sse2 options on amd64, with non-sse2 on all except i386 and amd64 and
with both versions on i386 (I've heard that multiarch permits to ship
both versions so that ld chose the right one at runtime)

C - <your solution here>

Solution B may seem more elegant at first, but is much more complicated
to package (ok, that's not an excuse). On top of that, it builds a
package that doesn't provide exactly the same features/symbols depending
on the architecture.

[2] http://clanlib.org/

Thank you for in advance your advices,

--