Re: Empty binary package

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 03:02:46AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 23:19:10 +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
>
> >> If they provide a debian directory, that means to me that they have
> >> done their best to make sure their software can at least be packed into
> >> a Debian binary package in the limited Debian environment that they
> >> choose to test. They may look amateur in your eyes, but I believe that
> >> they have done their best.
> > Sure. So?
>
> Inpatient to read the next paragraph?
>
> >> My view is that it is up to the Debian community to embrace and help
> >> each and every one software author to make packages
> >> perfect Debian packages.
> > Sure, if they come to us and ask for help.
> Is there any other options?
Of course. Lots of upstreams just ship what they could write without
asking competent people for help. Like in this case, apparently.

> > How is this related to your questions? Are you the author of the package
> > we are discussing?
> I'm just trying to reaching out, embrace their helpful packages and help
> them (him/her at the moment) to make packages good enough to be adopted
> into Debian. I'm new to Debian packaging, and need help maybe every
> single step, but at least I can shield them from being intimidated for
> not knowing how "make a proper package".
So you don't want to rewrite the package from scratch, you cannot fix it
yourself and you won't ask proper specific questions. Fine, I won't waste
any more time on this.

--
WBR, wRAR