Re: Empty binary package

[trying to post in text]
> > >Hard to say without seeing your debian/ folder.
> >
> > Right here:
> >
> > http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pamsshagentauth/pam_ssh_agent_auth/v0.9.5/pam_ssh_agent_auth-0.9.5.tar.bz2
>
> Don't ask us why some 3rd party packages don't build properly, it's
> expected. If you have actual questions about actual problems you
> encountered when trying to make a proper package ask them.
I have a different view on that.

Not every software author on earth is also a good Debian package maintainer. You can't even assume that they use Debian. How can you demand that each and every one of them to make a perfect Debian package? If they provide a debian directory, that means to me that they have done their best to make sure their software can at least be packed into a Debian binary package in the limited Debian environment that they choose to test. They may look amateur in your eyes, but I believe that they have done their best.

My view is that it is up to the Debian community to embrace and help each and every one software author to make packages perfect Debian packages.