Re: help to fix lintian problems, native-package-with-dash-version etc

Hi,

Quoting T o n g (2013-07-08 14:15:37)

> >> So do you think unpacking upstream tarball then repack it and name it
> >> as libpam-ssh-agent_0.9.5.orig.tar.gz would solve the problem? (Or, how
> >> to solve it properly?)
> > No, fixing missing-debian-source-format (by setting it to 3.0 (quilt))
> > would.
>
> Care to explain more on why renaming it to .tar.gz won't work please?

It wouldn't work as dpkg wouldn't be able to unpack it, since the
compression format hasn't changed, only the filename.

The 1.0 source format only supports gzip-compressed orig tarballs, and
use the presence of the said tarball to determin whether a package is
native or not.

The 3.0 formats, on the other hand, support bz2 and xz as compression
format, but require an explicit format declaration in
debian/source/format, either "3.0 (quilt)" or "3.0 (native)". You want
the format.

Cheers,
Simon