Re: help to fix lintian problems, native-package-with-dash-version etc

On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 01:22:07PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> >> How exactly should I name my files and directory in this case?
> >> Also, how should I fix the other problems reported by lintian?
> > Did you read descriptions of tags lintian gave you?
>
> Yes, not once, but several times. But because this is the first time that
> I'm using lintian, understanding the lintian description tags doesn't
> mean knowing how to fix them.
Please ask specific questions then.

> >>   W: libpam-ssh-agent-auth source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
> > If you are really doing a NMU you need to mention it in the changelog
> > per
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-
> changelog
> > Otherwise you should use the same email in the changelog entry and in
> > Maintainer/Uploaders (that's how lintian detects NMUs).
> No I don't want to do a NMU.
Why did you make the package version look like it's NMU then?

> There hasn't been a Debian package for it
> before. The problem is, the upstream version is 0.9.5, so normally I
> should use 0.9.5-1 as the latest version. However, the upstream chose to
> put 0.9.5-1 in the changelog file, that's why I chose 0.9.5-1.1. In this
> case, I should use 0.9.5-2 instead?
Many of your pborblems caused by broken debian/ provided by the upstream.
Consider creating the package from scratch instead.

--
WBR, wRAR