set version of package after recompile it

Hi all :-)

Applying a patch to package and after recompiled and installed, from
sources.list is there available same version of package (ufficial
version).

How change my own version of package as next of actual version? But
keeping the correct if new version will be available.

Sorry for my english :-( i.e.

dpkg -l|grep nmap

ii nmap 6.00-0.3

I download the source and recompile it. After installed new version, doing
apt-get upgrade I've available nmap. I need have also next version of nmap
when will available.

thanks

Pol