Please review: geierlein - free Elster client for German tax declarations

Hi,

following up on RFP #695204, I have started packaging the Geierlein client needed
by German folks to send VAT declarations to the fiscal authorities. It is quite an
important package as our authorities do not provide a Linux version of their official
client. Geierlein is the successor of taxbird, which was incuded in Debian until
it got abandonned.

There are two issues I see with the package that I would like to get feedback on:

 - I had to remove test cases from upstream's build system as the module used
   for it, nodeunit, is not available in Debian as a build dependency. I think
   this is not a problem as testing is mainly upstream's and the maintainer's job
   and moreover, the package is JavaScript code that is not platform-dependant.
   So if xulrunner works on any architecture, it can be expected that Geierlein
   will as well. Build daemons thus will not face problems there. My person stance
   on that is: The package can be handled without unit testing for now, and for
   the future, I have filed an RFP for nodeunit (#711353).

 - Geierlein uses some JavaScript libraries that Debian does not (yet) include.
   The libraries, especially the versions that Geierlein is known to work with,
   are included in the upstream tarball and are installed in a package-private
   location that will not interfere with others. My personal stance on that is:
   The package can be handled with including the libraries now, maybe once the
   libraries get added to Debian this can be changed, but it is not a must.

Please find the package on mentors.debian.net:

 https://mentors.debian.net/package/geierlein

Cheers,
Nik

--
<Natureshadow> Auf welchem Server liegt das denn jetzt…?
<mirabilos> Wenn es nicht übers Netz kommt bei Hetzner, wenn es nicht

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296