Directories: FHS; permissions

Hi,

In my package, I need two directories that have the permission
"drwxrwxrwt": Users shall be able to create a subdirectory on their own
there: one is a cache area, and the other is a storage place.

The original places are /iraf/cache/ and /iraf/imdirs/, which obviously
contradicts the FHS. So, for the cache, I think /var/cache/iraf/ would
be the correct place, right? Then I have the problem that ordinary users
need to create their own subdir there in /var/cache/iraf/<user>/, and
top do this the permissions /var/cache/iraf/ should be 1777. How can I
do this? dh_installdirs always sets them to 755.

The other question is on where to move /iraf/imdirs/<user>/. Should it
go to something like /var/lib/imdirs/<user>/, or should I put it into
the users home dir ($HOME/imdirs/)?

Best regards

Ole