Please help with Java issue where it seems to make a difference where JAR is installed

tags 697604 help
thanks

Hi,

I'm a bit lost with my bit of Java knowledge if it comes to internals.
I can only confirm that I can perfectly reproduce the problem using the
data file submitted in [1] for testing and one reporter states in [2]:

  I downloaded upstream FastQC and there was no such problem. The only
  difference that I see is that in Debian a fastqc.jar is used while in
  upstream it's unpacked in the root directory. My conclusion is that this
  specific way with getSystemResource searches only the location where
  main class resides. In Debian's case it's fastqc.jar and in upstream
  it's FastQC directory.

Any help is really welcome

    Andreas.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=697604#15