Re: How to take ownership of a file owned by a different package?

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM, adrelanos wrote:

> The Tor Debian package [2] owns Tor's configuration file /etc/tor/torrc.
> This is fine from Debian user perspective, but as a Debian derivative,
> I'd like to use the Tor Debian package and just ship a configuration
> file adjusted for the derivative.

I would suggest looking at config-package-dev, which deals with this
issue nicely. The version in sid and jessie supports dh as well as
cdbs, but if you are dealing with the older version, here is an
example of how to do it (add to debian/rules in the right spot):

override_dh_installdeb:
        make DEB_DIVERT_PACKAGES=whonix DEB_DIVERT_EXTENSION=.whonix
DEB_DIVERT_FILES_frisk=/etc/issue.whonix -f
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/config-package.mk debian-divert/whonix
        dh_installdeb

--
bye,
pabs