Re: My sponsorship guidelines once the freeze gets lifted

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> There is a huge need for people willing to look at issues in packages
> other than their own more regularly in order to keep testing in good
> shape, and this is my attempt to make that better.  Anyway, the goal
> is to try to keep the rc count somewhat low (so the freeze doesn't
> happen at greater than 500 again and take over 10 months).

Thanks for this initiative Michael! I hope you get some interested
folks and other sponsors joining you. NMUs, QA uploads and security
updates are a great way to get involved in Debian. Anyone who is
interested in getting involved should read the relevant sections of
devref though:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-qa-upload
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#bug-security