Re: Unidentified subject!

Hi Marwan,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Marwan Tanager <marwan.tngr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm a recent subscriber to the Debian mentors and developers lists, and I
> notice that some ITP requests are sent to debian-devel against wnpp and others
> to debian-mentors against sponsorship-requests.
>
> Could someone please clarify under what conditions should ITP requests be sent
> to either lists and against either pseudo-packages, because the requests on
> both lists look pretty similar?

ITP bug reports are (or at least should) always be cc-ed to
debian-devel; they can be filed by both DDs and non-DDs.

Typically, package maintainers who are not either DDs or DMs, i.e. do
not have upload rights to the Debian archive, will then file a RFS
(request for sponsorship) bug report to ask for a DD to review and
upload their package; these requests are always filed under the
sponsorship-requests pseudo-package and cc-ed to debian-mentors.

Regards,
Vincent