Re: Why is it so hard to get sponsors.....?

Hi Paul,

thanks for your great analysis.  I might like to stress explicitly one
item (even if I totally agree with all others in general)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 01:37:10PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Specialization:
>
> Debian contributors generally work on stuff they use or are otherwise
> are interested in. This can limit the scope of software that gets
> sponsored. With well-functioning teams, it can also mean that software
> for a specific area is well covered with sponsorship, debian-med is a
> good example. Unfortunately can mean

[Your paragraph is ending a bit unexpected - perhaps you forget to type
 something]

As one of the active sponsors in Debian Med I would really like to
stress this.  I'm also trying to hint people about other teams they
could possibly approach because I have the feeling that the sponsorship
in *any* *working* team works quite good.  There are teams formed around
technical issues like languages (pkg-perl, python modules etc.) and
there are teams targeting at end users that try to create an outright
system for a specific target user group.  The technical term in Debian
is "Debian Pure Blends" in short "Blends".  You can find a list of those
Blends here:

   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/

Please note that not all Blends work equally well and some of these are
dead / dying - but perhaps you might dive into this field and help
vitalising this team.  In any case if you have a package that to some
extend fits into the scope of the Blends teams (or the technical teams
I mentioned above) you should definitely contact their mailing list in
addition to Debian mentors.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--