Re: xdg menu entries

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Steven Hamilton wrote:

> 1) How are XDG .desktop files handled. What is Debian policy regarding
> these?

XDG is not a Debian thing. Just ship the upstream one or send upstream
one if you want to target systems without menu-xdg. Run
desktop-file-validate over it first though to make sure it is valid.
Here is the standards doc if you need to write one.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

> 2) Is it acceptable to create a .desktop file for the game, or more
> appropriately, is it acceptable to create a shell script in /usr/games/
> that can execute the Mari0 game with a single command? That way people
> can run it from a command line.

Sounds useful, please send it upstream. I wonder if you can just ship
the .love file as /usr/games/mari0 and with an interpreter line of
#!/usr/bin/love-0.8 - no shell involved?

You might want to join the games team:

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Team

--
bye,